Toyota Tundra 2003 Timing Belt Change
Toyota Timing Belt Replacement PART 1 for 34L V6 5VZ-FE 4runner Tacoma Tundra. So I did the timing belt on my 2003 Tundra V8 yesterday.
47 Timing belt replacement.

Toyota tundra 2003 timing belt change. I have 77500 on a 2000 Tundra. For most Tundras this a 17mm deep socket. All but the 34L engine Tundras are interference engines.
If playback doesnt begin shortly try restarting your device. Videos you watch may be added to the TVs watch history and influence TV recommendations. While tension is relieved slide the.
My brother bought his tundra used and it had 60000 miles approx on it but he has driven it five more years with no problems and I even told him what the dealer had told me about the timing belt change. This range does not include taxes and fees and does not factor in your specific model year or unique location. When replacing the timing belt on a Toyota tundra V8 the belt timing marks are aligned with the marks on the cam gears and the crank gear.
232k miles on my 2003 Tundra 4WD 47L V8. But 4-cylinder 4Runners from 1990 to 2000 and V6 4Runners from 2003 and beyond dont need to worry about changing a belt as these years all have a chain. Toyota 47 liter Timing Belt Replacement Part 2.
Step 3 Remove serpentine belt. Tundra 2003 - Timing Belt - Vacaville CA I booked an appointment with Rodney for a timing belt water pump and primary belts replacement service on my 2003 Toyota Tundra. Discussion Starter 1 Apr 20 2008.
Parts and Tools list. So that said Im going to have this done next week. Using the appropriate sized wrench or socket and breaker bar turn the tensioner in a counter-clockwise direction to relieve the belt tension.
The local Toyota dealership wanted 109350 but did send me a 15 off coupon online. Labor costs are estimated between 352 and 444 while parts are priced at 386. Accessories may vary by model year not be available in all regions of the country andor require placement of a special order.
Many of todays timing belts can go 100000 miles or more without needing to be replaced. The average price of a 2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab timing belt replacement can vary depending on location. The appointment was scheduled for 8am and Rodney showed up right on time.
BELT V FOR FAN ALTERNATOR Diagram. The dealer tells me that I should replace the timing belt and water pump at this stage. Close VIN entry layer.
I thought all V8 motors had timing chains but was wrong. Well my tundra 2003 was bought new from the dealer and he told me that toyota recommended the timing belt replaced every 60000 miles. Owners of V6 4Runners from 1990 to 2002 will need to replace their timing belt every 60k while owners of V8 engines from 2003 to 2009 need to think about a belt replacement every 90k miles.
I got the timing belt and water pump replaced at a NAPA certified auto shop for a total of 70350. I bought the truck with 93K miles and I dont believe the timing belt has EVER been changed. I did my WRXs belt in like 5 hours on the first try.
Some automakers recommend changing a timing belt between 60000 and 100000 others dont. Joined Mar 23 2008. Related repairs may also be needed.
BELT ASSY FRONT SEAT OUTER RH. Did that starter trick on my 93 Toyota 4x4 due to a leaky head gasketlots of fun. I know Im now playing with fire.
Upon rotation the timing gears and crank gear align but the. Discussion in The Garage started by chambersc Dec 29. Enter 17 digit VIN here.
Toyota Timing Belt Replacement PART 1 for 34L V6 5VZ-FE 4runner Tacoma Tundra T100 - YouTube. The average cost for a Toyota Tundra timing belt replacement is between 738 and 830. The 57L 46L and 40L engines have timing chains while the 47L and 34L engines have timing belts.
Tundra CAMSHAFT and VALVE. The savings was at least 226 depending on how much of the total cost was reduced by the 15 off. Toyota Tundra Timing Overview All Model Years Over its lifespan the Toyota Tundra has had engines utilizing either a timing chain or a timing belt.
Some of the timing belt changes sound like they really suck. I currently have approx. Truck runs like a top.
Locate the belt tensioner as indicated by the belt routing diagram or owners manual. Anyone have an opinion.

8 Toyota Tundra V8 Engine Diagram


